Sunday, December 21, 2008

Giddyup

Went to this place on Saturday night and found the answer. As most of you know, I have worked at the DJA for more than two years, so I am well familiar with the Moorpark Rd. offramp of the 101. However, as many times as I had seen the usually crowded bar on my way home, I never thought to go up there.

As Jordt and I contemplated what to do last night, we received a call from a friend of ours who was headed to Borderline. Once I realized that this was my opportunity to check out the mysterious place that I passed twice every weekday, I jumped on it.

Two words, folks. Country. Western. Jordt hated it, but with as much time as I spent in the midwest playing ball and just generally existing, I was accustomed to the music and actually enjoyed the experience. I did not line dance, but on the random hip hop songs they did trot out, I hit the floor a couple times.

Got cut in on once, and while I was over it, my buddies wanted to fight the guy. Defused that situation and ended up dancing with her again later. End of the night, the other guy went home empty handed, and I went home with a phone number. Advantage: me. Fuck his couch.

--
ADDENDUM: I did not even ask for said number. It was volunteered. Winner winner...

No comments:

Post a Comment