Friday, July 23, 2010

Apparently even Blogger wonders where I've been

Seriously...they went and changed the site, and added some widgets that will enable my armies hordes couple of readers to easily post and share. Mostly, though, I think it will just make it easy for me to post it to my Facebook page.

So it's been a while, and the reason it has been a while is that I have been without Internet for the last week. The reason I have been without Internet is that my new apartment doesn't have it yet. The reason I have a new apartment is that I moved for a new job. This new job is in Alameda. Yes, Alameda is a city. It is in the bay area--directly across the bay from San Francisco. It is adjacent to Oakland. (Yes, I know. No, it's not scary...at least Alameda isn't.)

That's right, kids. I'm an official NorCal resident. I have a BART card and everything. I never thought I would see the day either, but after four fantastic years learning the field of tech PR at the DJA down south, I've made the transition to the bay. I'm a senior account executive at Engage PR, here in Alameda. Bay area traffic sucks. I don't want to deal with it. It takes me 10 minutes to get to work in the morning if (when) I hit every red light on this island. (Yes, I live on an island.)

Other than the fact that moving into my second-floor apartment was a horrific experience that began with me dropping a box down my pretty, hardwood stairs (and shattering the hell out of everything that was in it) and the fact that it's apparently the coldest winter in the history of the bay area, it's been a great transition. Alameda is a cool little place, and you should come visit. I have a two bedroom apartment that is walking distance from a handful of bars. It's a little longer walk to the main drag in town, Park Street, but it's definitely walkable. As drunk as we will get if/when any of you come visit, it'll be a piece of cake.

Pictures and more updates to come soon...when I don't have to come to the coffee shop down the street to get Wi-Fi. Send me a text or drop me an e-mail if you want my address.

1 comment:

  1. The DL is back! Can't wait to check out the new digs, BRO.

    ReplyDelete